TV shock tactics ... police-camera-action

  • tim
    Message 1 of 45 , May 27, 2000
      does anyone watch the shows on tv
      that show video footage of accidents/car chases etc
      or know what I'm talking about
      we started getting them from the US, here in UK

      It occurs to me when riding my bike
      that all the film is shot from inside a car
      there should be some programs of traffic behavour
      filmed from a cyclists perspective

      I dont think I need to labour the point
      not sure if it is a good idea
      but it may be a starting point for a good idea

      as technology gets cheaper
      it may serve as someones silent witness
      I would love one

      ..............tim
    • EXPORTATION QUEBEC
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 6, 2000
        > > There's certainly a way to carry even more, maybe if one
        > builds tandem
        > > units. Say 2 pedalers could carry 2000 pounds behind. Also
        > a larger gear
        > > set could help as it would need less pedaling strokes to pull more.
        > > Your idea is great! Instead of formula 1 car races (where the winner
        > > may lose because his car is defective), we could settle a Grand Prix
        > > cycling, that also includes a load carrying competition.
        > >

        > Gee, it would be super to see the trike or heavy haul biking event on
        > sports television for its own interest and because it would
        > be a way of
        > easing it into peoples' heads that they do not need a van or
        > even a car
        > to haul significant loads. Heavy haul biking -- sounds pretty brawny
        > doesn't it?
        >
        > Martha

        You got the point, again. BTW, what's the definition of sport? A sport is
        an activity or a competition where the natural human body does the work,
        isn't that the definition?

        I'm getting upset here when in the sports news report on TV they talk about
        Formula I before talking about hockey (or baseball in the US) which is
        our national sport. I don't consider F1 as a sport since the body of
        the athletes doesn't perform the whole exercise. They should read the news
        in the order as follows:
        - The national sport of your country (hockey, baseball or soccer...)
        - The other natural sports in any arbitrary order (including cycling,
        running, gym, swimming, canoe, etc...)
        - And finally (if there's time left), the F1 or any other artificial sport.

        Louis-Luc