Re: [carfree_cities] Getting Carfree Concept into American Lexicon

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
      Erik added:

      >PBS (American public television) has carried programs recently which
      >indicates their possible receptiveness, such as:
      >
      >"Store Wars: When Wal-Mart Comes to Town"
      >http://www.pbs.org/storewars/story.html
      >
      >"Think Tank: Suburban Sprawl"
      >http://www.pbs.org/thinktank/show_724.html
      >
      >There have also been several features on News Hour.

      So, ok, do we try to get these guys to do our show, or do we make
      our own and distribute it to them? This question is especially
      relevant right now, as the matter of shaping public opinion and
      building political support seem set to become important themes
      at the forthcoming Car-Free Cities III conference this spring in
      Prague. I think we've got to get this idea in the faces of millions
      as soon as possible, and we can't use commerical media to do it,
      because they won't run our shows (car ad revenue is at stake).

      Regards,

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com