car-free city data base

  • Ross or Judy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hi Chris:

      I have not forgot about the car-free city or the database for potential
      residents. At the moment I am in the middle of coordinating a fruit picking
      project in the Comox Valley here on Vancouver island. I will be more active
      in the near future.

      I am pretty sure I want to go ahead with the car-free city project. I will
      be looking for a small town (village at the end of a road) in southern
      Vancouver island. I think that there will be several cities spring up in the
      near future as there will probably not be a concensus as to where we should
      put the city. If a few towns and villages are listed as car-free people
      friendly, at least we will have a few like minded people living close by.
      Sometimes I feel so alone in my battle with the cars. They liken me to Don
      Quixote.

      If you like, network with other groups and pass on my e-mail as database
      contact. The carfree e-lists memberships should all be included. (241
      members on car-free cities ?)

      Ross