Re: car-free city database

  • Wilbur
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., "Chris Holt" <cholt2@c...> wrote:

      > I took it upon myself to start a separate list-serve for those
      > interested in moving forward the discussion of starting a carfree
      > city.

      How much do we want to join forces with others, such as
      http://www.carfreecity.us/home.html ? They are starting a forum as
      well. The bigger the critical mass, the sooner something will happen.

      Will
    • Ross or Judy
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        I want to be a coalition. Everyone working together for a carfree city, or
        several. Chris set up a forum and I have a database. I am willing to tack
        onto any other database. This forum is o/k for me but Chris, you can sign me
        up to the new one .

        I see that "where" is a problem. The US might be a bit unstable for other
        nationalities at this moment, with its governments aggressive foreign policy
        and all. A large European city would be hard to convert to cycles only, even
        if it was cycle friendlier place. The realestate on the islands mentioned
        are a hinderance. I still like the idea of one of BC's ghost towns.

        Ross