car-free city database

  • Chris Holt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      I took it upon myself to start a separate list-serve for those
      interested in moving forward the discussion of starting a carfree
      city. I didn't think it was fair to monopolize the space in this list
      with these narrowly focused discussions pertaining only to starting a
      carfree city. Let me know what you think, and sign up if you're
      interested in moving this discussion forward in a concrete fasion. If
      I'm completely mistaken and everyone on this list wants to take part,
      let me know and I'll dissolve the other list. Otherwise, feel free to
      sign up.

      Group name :
      CarFreeCity

      Group home page :

      Group email :
      CarFreeCity@yahoogroups.com

      Chris
    • Wilbur
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In carfree_cities@y..., "Chris Holt" <cholt2@c...> wrote:

        > I took it upon myself to start a separate list-serve for those
        > interested in moving forward the discussion of starting a carfree
        > city.

        How much do we want to join forces with others, such as
        http://www.carfreecity.us/home.html ? They are starting a forum as
        well. The bigger the critical mass, the sooner something will happen.

        Will
      • Ross or Judy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          I want to be a coalition. Everyone working together for a carfree city, or
          several. Chris set up a forum and I have a database. I am willing to tack
          onto any other database. This forum is o/k for me but Chris, you can sign me
          up to the new one .

          I see that "where" is a problem. The US might be a bit unstable for other
          nationalities at this moment, with its governments aggressive foreign policy
          and all. A large European city would be hard to convert to cycles only, even
          if it was cycle friendlier place. The realestate on the islands mentioned
          are a hinderance. I still like the idea of one of BC's ghost towns.

          Ross