Re: Portugal: "Better without cars"

  • earthymiller
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., Rob Hines <robhines@m...> wrote:
      > The approach is worth looking at, those who take part in weekly car
      > free days get reduced fairs on transit and discounts on goods and
      > services. The transit operations get increased ridership and
      businesses
      > are provided with a marketing opportunity. If anyone found on the
      site,
      > I couldn't find any, some numbers as to how successful their
      carfree
      > days are, can you please pass that info along to me, thanks.

      I couldn't find any myself either. I have sent an e-mail to the
      project's contact, Ms Catarina Freitas, asking about further details.
      Meanwhile, there is a link you could follow to the "Stockholm
      partnerships for sustainable cities" site, which gives more details
      about their campaign as well as links to many other innovative
      sustainable transport-related projects around the world. For more
      details about any given project, simply click anywhere on the
      project's capsule description. The URL:

      http://www.partnerships.stockholm.se/searchresult_
      projects.asp?category=4

      The Yahoo board's text editor pushed the above URL onto two lines, so
      you may have to manually cut and paste the two parts together to get
      to the site.

      The Stockholm partnerships main page:

      http://www.partnerships.stockholm.se/

      Regards,