Florida highway closure

  • Matt Hohmeister
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
      tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=519&e=1&u=/ap/threat_florida

      I hate to exploit such an unfortunate situation, but I'd like to ask
      if the traffic on any alternate roads got worse due to the closure of
      the major highway going straight across the Everglades. Is it
      possible to make that closure permanent? I'm also wondering how much
      it would cost to convert that highway right-of-way into a high-speed
      rail line, and the financial, time, and environmental savings that
      would come with it.

      Plus, should you still want to drive, how much extra time does the
      closest alternate road take?

      Some food for thought. ;-)