RE: [carfree_cities] if streets still exist

  • Louis-Luc
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2002
      Don't ask us why North American kids are becoming so fat. First of all,
      since cars invaded the streets, the average kid doesn't have a place to
      play. Combine this with video games, McDonald's, and above all the lack of a
      route to walk or bike to school, and you'll obtain a person handicaped by
      overweight who needs a car as a crutch.

      Gimme a hockey stick and a puck, and I'll slapshot these cars out of the
      public space. Then I'll be able to pass the stick on to a child who will be
      happy to play while keeping in him in shape, breathing fresh air, and make
      new friends, and ....

      Louis-Luc