The Amish

  • smithjeff11
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen a wonderful 2-hour show on
      PBS about the Amish, in Lancaster County, Pa. I just happened to watch
      it the other night, and it really is a terrific socialogical glimpse
      of the issues that the Amish currently face in their fight to remain
      in Lancaster county. Specifically, the show looks at suburban sprawl,
      and how this has made life significantly worse for those who want to
      stay there.
      The show also makes a brief reference to the New Urbanism, and
      walkable communities, and is both sarcastic and humorous in its
      dealings with the subject.

      Three cheers to public television for this kind of programming, and I
      urge anyone to try to see it!

      Sincerely,

      Jeff