Re: [carfree_cities] Stop shopping mall at Cliffords Tower, York, England

  • bill norman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 7:56 PM
      I walked around the city of York, went into the venerated York Minster, saw the graves of the victims of cholera from the 1850's and sincerely hope that this unadulterated capitalistic profit margin gouging travesty fails. Please, let us return from lunacy to some form of normalcy. County councils , I understand, need to concern themselves with job creation but what a tremendous dis-service we do to our forbears and our past.
      cliffordstower <cliffordstower@...> wrote: Please help us stop the building of a cheap and nasty shopping mall
      next to the scheduled ancient monument of Cliffords Tower.
      York cannot claim to be reducing car useage if it is also building a
      major shopping centre like this. The transport policy is a joke.

      Please sign our petition:-
      http://www.cliffordstower.com/petition/

      Read more about the campaign:-
      http://www.geocities.com/cliffordstower/