Plateau

  • robhines@mac.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 6:51 AM
      Hello All,

      I've just come back from Montreal and after walking down Mont-Royal,
      thought that the only thing keeping it distanced from the metro is a
      tram running down Mont-Royal. I don't know if a Metro could be
      supported based only on the local demand, most Metros funnel commuters
      coming from bus routes in surrounding neighbourhoods and the Plateau is
      a community surrounded by other communities already serviced by buses
      that drive to metro stations. I think a tram, in conjunction with the
      idea of turning mont-royal car free, could be an excellent step in
      promoting a car free way of life in the Plateau.

      Rob Hines
      robhines@...
      100 Riverdale Drive
      Sydney NS B1R 1P4