Montréal: petition to get part of Mont-Royal Avenue carf ree!

  • Louis-Luc
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2002
      Hello,

      There is a site to sign a petition, towards turning a commercial part of
      Mont-Royal avenue carfree. This site also explains the project more in
      details.

      Once Mont-Royal Avenue is carfree, there will be a light rail system along
      the street. They highlight the statistic that 53% of Quebecers, and 60% of
      Montrealers are in favor of reducing car access to downtown large cities.

      The project is not going yet. First we need to collect as many signatures as
      possible to submit to the council, to start a public debate.

      The site is: "www.montroyal-avenueverte.com". It's in French, but you can
      sign in just one click!

      Please drop by, and add you signature. You don't have to be a resident, we
      need good carfree streets in every city to attract the tourists. And once
      it's implement in a city, it can be copied in another city.

      Louis-Luc