RE: [carfree_cities] Re: Selling Emotion and the Carfree City

  • Louis-Luc
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2002
      > They forget, however, that driving doesn't "exempt" you from the
      > possibility of murder. Drivers are occasionally robbed, carjacked,
      > or killed while in their cars--even with windows closed and doors
      > locked, you can still be intentionally rear-ended and robbed/
      > carjacked/killed.

      In a car, you can also be "sandwiched" by 2 thief drivers. My uncle almost
      got sandwiched while driving on a country road.

      Assume you drive a car, there is another one in front of you. That car
      gradually slows down, and stops. The next thing you know is you are stopped,
      and there is another car right behind you. Both people get out of each car
      to threaten you, but you can't move your car, and it may be too late to
      stand off the car and escape.

      My uncle realized what was happening before it was too late, and has been
      able to bypass the car in front.

      Louis-Luc