Re: New subUrbanism

  • cndpandit
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., Chris Bradshaw <chris@t...> wrote:
      > If we want to overcome the problem of developers misusing a concept
      in
      > their new-project blurbs, we should apply ourselves to the
      development
      > of a
      > clear, measurable definition of the ideal living environment.
      >
      > Ideally, it would be accompanied by a way to measure the degree of
      > conformity a particular project achieved.
      >
      > It could measure one or more of the following (perhaps resorting to
      > models to _predict_ performance before the project is built):
      >
      > - energy use per adult and per child resident, both for living
      >space and for transportation

      Hello Chris David here from Hull. This I believe would be invaluable
      because far too many developers, even high end, opt for cheaper
      building practices which in the end only transfer larger energy bills
      to the home owner. Do you think that is advertised, lol I think not.
      In the realm of energy efficiency there are absolutely incredible
      options, upwards to a 75% reduction in energy use just in building
      materials and methods. However, these options sometimes cost more and
      well because people are unaware there is no demand. This model must
      be made, just the implication on bids for civic buildings, ie; I can
      make you that building and it will only consume this much power. WoW