Absence from forum

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm sifting through the mess here in Amsterdam. I won't
      lose anything important, but my home is now a construction
      site and will remain so for some time to come. I won't
      have a fixed address for several months, in all likelihood.
      My internet access will be sporadic and will not permit me
      to take an active part in the discussions here. I hope that
      you will continue without me, as I will certainly read the
      archives once I am again settled. TJ and Rick will take care
      of any moderating duties. I've put the group back on Open
      status, so anyone can join. TJ and Rick can bounce any
      spammers.

      I will attempt to receive e-mail with a delay of no more
      than one week, but I may not always achieve this standard.
      Please be patient.

      I'm not yet certain where I'm going to come to rest once
      this all settles. The most likely candidates are Venice
      and Lisbon.

      I got the paperback edition to the printer early this week,
      and the PostScript appears to be good, so none of this
      should affect the appearance of the paperback edition in
      November or so. It's going to cost $18.00 and should
      actually be an even better printing than the hardcover
      edition, although the paper is thinner. It's otherwise
      the same, with very few and minor changes.

      So, I think this is all for now. Keep at it and good luck.
      I'll be in touch as circumstances permit.

      Regards,

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com