Auto-Free Zones, "Pedestrian Malls", Etc.

  • greenshift
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2002
      Hello All! I'm new. This is my first post.

      My name is James R. Martin, and I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
      I've renewed my interest and pro-bicycle/pro-pedestrian activism
      after seeing a pedestrain hit and killed in a crosswalk near the
      Santa Fe plaza about two weeks ago. A movement has begun here in
      Santa Fe to close the plaza to all automobile traffic. I support
      this action, and would love to have supportive ideas and help of any
      kind.

      I need ideas on organizing, promotion of the idea, and knowlede as
      to what I can say to persuade the yet unpersuaded that an auto-free
      plaza would be terrific for the city. What can I tell shop owners
      and managers who are in the plaza who might fear a loss in business?

      Etc.

      James