Humanist v. Classical

  • Rob Foley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2002
      Here's one small error that I've found in the article:

      About one-third of the way down, in parentheses, is stated, "the ____ section of Lisbon is 1000 years old and was on a gridded plan that was apparently established by the rigorously "logical" Jesuits." Now, I'm unsure as to which section might be referred to here, but if it is 1,000 years old, it cannot have been established by the Jesuits; this order is not yet 500 years since its founding.

      Otherwise, I am intrigued by these observations and your hypothesis.

      --Rob