Re: [carfree_cities] hyper-motorways coming?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      I read this with dismay. The M25 at FOURTEEN lanes? Surely they're
      joking... but I know they're not. My disillusionment with
      "New Labour" (a.k.a. the British GOP) is now complete. Tony Blair
      as the John Lindsey of the 21st C. Lindsey brought NYC to the brink
      of bankruptcy. Will Blair do the same for Britain? FOURTEEN lanes???

      >Should we be alarmed by the statements in ian christie's article at
      >Open Democracy-I think that's at www.opendemocracy.net
      >He says the government have hinted "a new wave of monster motorway
      >projects is on its way", expanding the M25 to 14 lanes...etc
      >Is this the UK government Philip Goodwin is supposed to be advising!
      >I thought the lunatic Gus McDonald had disappeared from view.
      >Yet I can see that a government like Blairs could just try to pull
      >some kind of stunt like this

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com