Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Neal Peirce's column today

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      >I love it. This article succinctly describes all the benefits of
      >urban life; for young and old.

      yup

      >Ironically, the suburbs of Paris were notorious for the delinquency
      >and disaffection of it's youth. Is it still the case today?

      Yes, I believe that it is. St. Dennis is still the worst, as far
      as I am aware. What a striking contrast with the USA!

      Regards,

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com
    • demiurge1978
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2002
        > >Ironically, the suburbs of Paris were notorious for the
        delinquency
        > >and disaffection of it's youth. Is it still the case today?
        >
        > Yes, I believe that it is. St. Dennis is still the worst, as far
        > as I am aware. What a striking contrast with the USA!

        American suburban youth already have high levels of drug & alcohol
        abuse. Serious problems are just around the corner. Wait and see.

        PS: The patron saint of France must be spinning in his grave.

        -Alex V.