Re: [carfree_cities] Car Free illustration/artwork list - help build

    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2002
      >2. Only collect copyleft images or those expressly put into the public
      >domain.

      I can't agree to this. I allow the use of my Internt images
      but require that:

      1. my copyright notice be maintained
      2. a link to Carfree.com be provided with each publication

      I'm not a staunch supporter of copyright, and I believe that it is
      greatly abused (and far too long), but that doesn't change the
      fact that the production of images is fantastically expensive
      and that I maintain some right to try to recover some of the costs
      some day. I'm way out of pocket on these images and I'm not willing
      to just give them away for no benefit at all.

      I'm also careful not to abuse other people's images.

      Regards,

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com