Re: [carfree_cities] Comment on FAQ#10

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2002
      Daren Scot Wilson said:

      >make pictures to show
      >people how the future can be. Image makers, as well as story tellers
      >and especially film/TV producers need to present visions of sustainable
      >living set in the near future. This could overlap somewhat with
      >science fiction illustration, but to make the idea as believable, these
      >visions have to connect with present perceptions of the real world.
      >
      >Images of a car free, sustainable future coupled with articles
      >explaining facts on costs, pollution, etc would help get the idea
      >across better for some people, but it is really the power of imagery
      >that matters -- artist need to give visions of the sustainable near
      >future "sex appeal".

      I think Carfree.com could make space available to publish these on
      the Internet, subject to editorial review.

      We see a very clear need to put this agenda before the public in
      an effective manner, which most definitely includes illustrations.
      We've been thinking in terms of a 3-D virtual reality walkthrough,
      but there are, of course, simpler approaches that are effective.
      It's also time we made a TV program....

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com