FAQ on Justifying carfree: a comment

  • Daren Scot Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      >I know cars pollute the environment but is that enough to justify
      >carfree cities?

      Every time I see Denver from a distance, the answer to this question is
      clear.

      Many people live in cities, wallowing in their own filth, not aware of
      the blanket of orange haze around them. If only they could get away
      from their city-toilet and find out what fresh air is like, and see the
      haze over their home town, they'd be motiviated.

      So I would think...

      My girlfriend does spa work, is very conscious of health issues, and
      has clients from the Big City. I was surprised when she described one
      client who DID NOT LIKE FRESH AIR! Some of the city clickers are
      actually so accustomed to the smog/haze/smell/CO2+CO that they're
      comfortable with it!

      Find out who would be asking this kind of question, and know that some
      people will be "happy" with pollution.

      --
      Daren Scot Wilson
      darenw@...