Kid-friendly sustainable suburbs

  • John O. Andersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 6:25 AM
      > A huge chunk of the housing market caters
      > to first-time home buyers, many of whom have children. If we can get the
      > attention and support of SOME of these people, we can use it to
      demonstrate
      > demand for carfree projects. Getting a project built that then gets
      > positive press as a "great place to raise kids", could be a tremendous
      > catalyst for all sorts of future developments.

      And the most important "positive press" is the word-of-mouth press. We see
      that sort of thing here in Portland in our neighborhood. Many people cite
      the desirability of this place because there are so many kids. We also know
      of people who could technically afford larger homes, but choose to live here
      because it's so much better for the children.

      John Andersen
      Unconventional Ideas at http://www.unconventionalideas.com