Yahoo Spam

  • Owner of Bikecommute.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      FYI

      Yahoo has made a sneaky change to everybody's Yahoo Marketing
      Preferences, the result of which is and will be a load of spam. They have
      checked yes to send me everything!

      To change them back, here's what you need to do to avoid all the spam.

      way you would do to read your lists messages online.

      Go to My Groups and click on Account Info, verify your password if it
      asks you to, and your Yahoo ID card comes up. Click on 'Edit your
      Marketing Preferences' under your e-mail addresses, It's about in the middle
      of the page
      and change all those Yes's back to No's, except those areas you are
      interested in.
      Click Save Changes.

      *** Important: Don't forget the address and phone number section at
      the bottom of that list too or they will call or mail you things. Some of us
      did not provide Yahoo a phone number or an address but even if the fields
      are blank, Yahoo has checked them anyway, go-figure!

      You only need to do this once, but if you belong to even one
      Yahoogroup, you need to change your settings back to "No" to avoid
      this extra garbage in your mailbox. However, if you have more than
      one yahoo profile - address check to be sure they are all changed the
      way you want.

      Big John
      Orange County CA
      www.bikecommute.com
      john@...
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        =v= A further concern for those with yahoo email addresses is
        whether one's "alternate email address" is going to be sold for
        spamming purposes. I changed mine as soon as I found out about
        the new "privacy" policy. It's been suggested that they be
        changed to bogus @... addresses (it won't accept other
        @... addresses), but see http://spamgourmet.com/ for an
        alternative.
        <_Jym_>