[CF] [carfree_cities] "New" Worldwide Critical Mass Email List

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2002
      =v= There's a "new" Critical Mass email list at Yahoo Groups.
      It's not entirely new, because it used to be a Yahoo Club, but
      like most Yahoo Clubs it didn't get much traffic. Yahoo took
      over eGroups, an web-archived email service, a while back;
      and more recently converted their clubs into pretty the same
      service.

      =v= So this is an opportunity to make group into a fresh new
      worldwide Critical Email list. If you want to join, you can
      sign up via email:

      critical-mass-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Or if you don't mind assimilating into the Yahoo Borg, you
      can sign up on the web page:

      (And be aware that Yahoo Groups are going down for maintenance
      this weekend, from Friday night through Sunday morning.)
      <_Jym_>

      P.S.: There's also a completely empty critical_mass list there
      and also a criticalmass list devoted to something else. So be
      sure to use the hyphen!
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2002
        >> (And be aware that Yahoo Groups are going down for
        >> maintenance this weekend, from Friday night through
        >> Sunday morning.)
        > Maintenance? From Friday night through Sunday morning?
        > Surely the Borg would be more efficient than that. ;-)

        =v= This is a nascent Borg. When their influence spreads,
        of course, they'll simply shut *us* down for the weekend.
        <_Jym_>
      • Doug Salzmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2002
          I just want to highlight Jym's warning:

          -> (And be aware that Yahoo Groups are going down for maintenance
          -> this weekend, from Friday night through Sunday morning.)

          ...so nobody will worry when messages to this list aren't processed.

          In a message sent Today, Jym Dyer wrote:

          [Snip]
          -> Or if you don't mind assimilating into the Yahoo Borg, you
          -> can sign up on the web page:
          ->
          -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/critical-mass/
          ->
          -> (And be aware that Yahoo Groups are going down for maintenance
          -> this weekend, from Friday night through Sunday morning.)

          Maintenance? From Friday night through Sunday morning? Surely the Borg
          would be more efficient than that. ;-)

          -Doug