Re: Borrowing a car...

  • sebastian_from_poland
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2002
      > The enigma is: people who don't drive can walk to the second car
      but can't
      > drive it back, and people who can drive it seemingly can't walk to
      it. So
      > the only solution my 2 friends found was to go to the second car
      using the
      > first car, thinking that walking was not feasible (for them) even
      if it's a
      > one-way trip.
      >
      > I feel kind of sad because it seems driving a car takes away
      (mentally, and
      > then physically) natural walking capabilities...

      Hi,
      I had very similar but some way opposite experience when I used to be
      in States several year ago.
      As you wrote, it was strange for you that people who drive "can't"
      walk or rather can't imaging themselves walking.
      I'm from Poland and I used to walk even for long distances and one
      day I did it States. I went to video rental and the trip both ways
      took me about 40 minutes. For me it was a nice trip because I could
      see the town at least along my way during the walk. When I returned
      home to my hosts with whom I used to live and told them about it I
      had a feeling that they thought of me like a little bit crazy person.
      Besides I felt strange walking almost alone along sideways.
      It's really strange and even dangerous what happens to people.