Spam postings

  • carfreecrawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 2:15 AM
      Hi All,

      I regret that the recent steps we have taken to bar spam
      have failed. Your moderators are considering what to do,
      so far without any notable good ideas.

      The group was put on approved-membership basis a few weeks
      ago, but somebody slipped through that, and, realistically,
      I don't think we know how to stop that.

      Fully-moderated status is possible, but it's very inconvenient
      and the group doesn't otherwise warrant it.

      For now, I think we'll take our chances with the spammers,
      but if it gets bad, something else will be needed.

      Thanks for your patience,

      J.H. Crawford
      List owner