Frontline

  • dubluth
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22 7:51 PM
      Last night I had the good fortune to see the PBS Frontline program on
      SUVs, their safety problems, and the automobile industry's avoidance
      of regulations to make them safer.

      Although it could be cause for some discouragement, I would recommend
      it to anyone who may have an interest in the politics of safety
      regulation in our times and 'big auto.' If only the SUV marketers
      could be made to pay up, as did tobacco companies for selling
      products they knew were unsafe. Unfortunately, the politics and the
      lobbying skill that auto companies can afford to hire make this
      unlikely.

      Bill