Housekeeping

  • carfreecrawford
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
      Hi All,

      It seemed like a good time for a little housekeeping.

      I've been very pleased with the way the group has developed during
      the past two years.

      The following guidelines will improve the usefulness of the list for
      everyone:

      Be nice! This has always been a friendly, temperate group.
      Avoid posting more than once a day, twice in case of emergency.
      When responding, trim off irrelevant parts of the prior post.
      When responding, please begin, "John Doe said:".
      Keep messages reasonably short.
      Please spell check if your spelling is weak.
      Attachments cannot be sent.
      In the case of short articles, simply paste in the entire article.
      Please include sources and a full URLs where available.
      Spammers will be dealt with severely.

      Regards,
      J.H. Crawford
      Moderator
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2005
        Hi All,

        It's been a while since I mentioned some items of list etiquette.
        Please remember to:

        Trim junk from earlier posts when replying
        Be as brief as possible
        Don't try to be cute or clever--people don't have time for this
        and those whose native language is not English have trouble

        New members are moderated. If I don't like a member's first
        proposed posting, I don't approve it and it won't appear.

        Let's try again to be a little less eager to take up issues
        that are mainly of local interest.

        In general, I'm pleased with the group and the usual tone of
        the messages.

        Thanks & regards,

        ------ ### -----
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008
          Hi All,

          It's time to review the list guidelines once more:
          * Be nice! This has always been a friendly, temperate group.
          * Avoid posting more than once a day, twice in case of emergency.
          * Be considerate of people's time - 600 people will be reading your post.
          * When responding to a posting, trim off irrelevant parts of the prior post.
          * When responding, please begin, "John Doe said:" to identify the source.
          * Keep messages reasonably short.
          * Please spell check if your spelling is weak.
          * Attachments cannot be sent.
          * In the case of interesting short articles, simply paste in the entire article.
          * Please include sources and full URLs where available.
          * Spammers will be dealt with severely.

          Thanks,

          Joel