Re: Almost car-free...

  • huang_ec
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
      My heartfelt thanks to all those who've responded to my not-very
      recent query regarding traffic reduction measures. I haven't ahd the
      chance to come back to this forum in quite a while.

      For those of you who may be interested, the best information so far
      I've found on this topic originates from Prof. Phil Goodwin of UCL
      Centre for Transport Studies in the UK, and who is one of the key
      personnel behind the UK Government White Paper on the Future of
      Transport. His inaugural lecture as professor of transport policy at
      the UCL sums up his approach very elegantly:

      http://www.ucl.ac.uk/transport-studies/tsu/pbginau.htm

      He and his coleagues have written a report of case studies of road
      capacity reductions around the world:

      http://www.landorbooks.co.uk/clas_search.php?offset=45&search=1

      Lastly, those of you who may be intereswted in the UK White Paper
      will find it here:

      http://www.dtlr.gov.uk/itwp/paper/index.htm

      I hope the above will be of use to everyone. Many thanks again.