Reideas

  • Vincent Hedger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002

      >"Louis-Luc" <exqmtl@...> said:
      >
      > >A goal is to make any given place accessible by some other transportation
      > >mode than car. When it becomes true, then most people will find cars are
      > >redundant and they can continue without them.
      >
      >Exactly! Let's do it! But how does one go about it? City council
      >meetings? Letters to congresspeople? Let's come up with some ideas!
      >Michelle
      >***

      OK,
      I'm hoping that some of you will take a look at the Harrisonburg school's
      INTRANET initiative. This is the solution that we are looking for, when
      combined with related cooperative initiatives (the Space Projects, found on
      the same site, for example). These initiatives help illustrate how an
      international cooperative/non-profit movement is possible and preferable to
      what we have at present. They have the advantage of affirming everyone's
      right to live either cooperatively or within the current paradigm. The key
      is that over the long term, when we have the opportunity to choose to live
      cooperatively or within the current private ownership/consumerist paradigm,
      we will be personally responsible for the costs of our chosen lifestyles,
      whereas at present, selfishness and environmental degredation is subsidized
      mostly by the poor around the world.

      I urge you to take the time to learn about these initiatives and the
      paradigms that support them, and to go to your representatives, local
      businesses, community groups, and advocate movement in this direction.
      Any questions forwarded to me will be answered to the best of my ability.
      Yours in cooperative, artistic anarchy,
      vincent Hedger