Rob's job quest

  • Vincent Hedger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002
      Hi Rob,
      yourself set up in as cooperative/low expense living situation that you can,
      and then getting involved with whatever organizations related to the
      'carfree' ethic/movement as you can find/as resonate with you, whether they
      can pay you or not. Often, you can be more effective working part time in a
      cafe or other public venue, where you get to meet lots of folks (who you can
      then discuss ideas with), and then putting volunteer time into that what you
      are most passionate about.

      I believe that the long term implications of the carfree movement, as well
      as the entire 'smart renovation/cooperative movement' is pointing in the
      direction of a more integrated lifestyle, such that how one uses one's hours
      is of prime importance, with economics becoming a far less important matter.
      As we learn to cooperate as a society, when consensus-building replaces
      patriarhy and hirearchy as our socio-political modus operandi, the carfree
      model of urban planning/living will make perfect sense. To the extent that
      those of us interested in seeing this happen are willing to push the
      envelope with regard to lifestyle, stepping outside of the economic status
      quo, our own example helps to illustrate for others what is possible, and
      how to move in that direction.

      cheers-
      vincent hedger