2000 Statistics

  • michelle@giansante.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
      From www.car-accidents.com:

      >The Facts:
      >
      >There were an estimated 6,356,000 car
      >accidents in the US in 2000. There were
      >about 3.2 million injuries and 41,821 people
      >were killed in auto accidents in 2000.
      >
      >An average of 115 persons die each day in
      >motor vehicle crashes in The United States
      >-- one every 13 minutes.

      Michelle
    • Louis-Luc
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002

        So it means it is roughly 1 World Trade Center tragedy PER MONTH, that
        repeats over and over and over again each month, and the governments feel
        it's acceptable? Add to this all non-US citizens that also die in accidents
        where a car is held guilty, and the numbers will be much astronomically
        higher.

        Louis-Luc
      • Jym Dyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
          > So it means it is roughly 1 World Trade Center tragedy PER
          > MONTH, that repeats over and over and over again each month

          =v= That's right. Perhaps we should start a ribbon campaign
          and fly (Ecology) flags, suspend a bunch of civil liberties,
          and insist that people support the economy and "Keep America
          Rolling" by buying cars. Oh wait, strike those last two ideas,
          they're already being tried and it's not working.
          <_Jym_>