Sustainability and the New Colonist

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2002
      Just a reminder that the New Colonist is seeking articles on
      Sustainability in hte City for its February issue. Work can be
      scholarly, documentary, personal, anecdotal, or even humorous, but must
      concern itself with sustainable urban forms in some way or another.
      Focus can be technical, practical, political/economic, etc. Let us know
      what you think it'll take to build a culture that lives within its means
      and that supports a healthy social and emotional life.

      We cannot presently pay, but we do offer access to over 8,000 readers
      per issue, many of whom are activists or professionals in design and
      development, and many of whom are regular folks who care about life,
      cities, our future, and the earth. Here is a chance to speak with them.

      Deadline in January 20th but we accept articles as late as the 25th.
      Please send submissions in plain-text or Word format (photos as jpegs)
      t:

      managing.editor@....

      Thank you all,

      Richard
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "Hope cannot be said to exist, nor can it be said not to exist. It is
      just like the roads across the earth. For actually there were no roads
      to begin with, but when many people pass one way a road is made."

      Lu Hsun