Trails 1/2 day conference [IL-IN-MI]

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2002
      From: Connie Schmucker <info@...>
      Subject: Trails 1/2 day conference
      Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:02:56 -0500

      Dear Indiana Bicycle Coalition members,

      You may be interested in this half-day conference. For
      more information, contact John Chiabai or Jackie Anders
      (janders@...) at 219-763-6060.

      Connie Szabo Schmucker Executive Director Indiana Bicycle
      Coalition, Inc.

      You and your fellow trail enthusiasts are cordially
      invited to a half-day conference on "Connecting Trails
      trhoughout Lake, Porter, and LaPorte Counties"

      Welcome Speaker: Congressman Pete Visclosky
      Representing Indiana's First Congressional District

      Saturday, January 26th 2002
      9:00-12:00pm
      at Sand Creek Country Club
      Chesterton, IN

      NIRPC and Friends of the Duneland Community Parks are
      sponsoring a unique opportunity to learn about a
      National Trail coming through our communities.

      This half-day conference will present....

      - Regional plans to connect Chicago bike trails with
      trails throughout Indiana and Michigan.
      - Local connecting bike trails developed through our
      tri-county initiatives.
      - Funding from State and Federal programs and other
      methods to fund plans for expansion of trail
      connections.
      - Groups in the region with similar interests in
      expanding pedestrian right-of-way.

      Bring your group's trail plans, hopes and dreams to
      the conference and share them with neighboring groups.

      This is part of a vision for a National Coast-to-Coast
      trail that will traverse from New York to California.