Seeking articles on sustainable citites

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2002
      Next month's issue of The New Colonist (http://www.newcolonist.com) will
      focus on sustainable cities and neighborhoods. We are asking for any of
      you who are willing and able to work for free (as we ourselves currently
      and unwillingly do!) to submit articles on these subjects for
      consideration. The New Colonist currently draws over 8,000 readers each
      month, many of whom are lovers of urban life but not necessarily
      familiar with the concepts of physically and socially sustainable
      communities. Here's your chance to open some good people's eyes to the
      possibilities of the future!

      Your articles can be technical, rhetorical, or anecdotal, and can speak
      of big cities, small towns, suburbia, or neighborhoods. Any pertinent
      subject matter, from political organization through food production and
      distribution issues to hydrology to architecture, to simply the
      pleasures of a good sidewalk cafe, and more, could fit in.

      We do review, accept or reject, and edit pieces.

      For a good example of what we hope this issue to look like editorially,
      go to our archives and browse the Carfree Cities articles
      (http://www.newcolonist.com/archive.html#th).

      You may send submissions directly to me at rickrise@.... Send
      them as text fiels in the body of the message or (referably) as Word
      documents in .RTF format. We prefer to run one to three photos with
      each article if we can get them.

      Thank you all very much,

      Richard
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "Hope cannot be said to exist, nor can it be said not to exist. It is
      just like the roads across the earth. For actually there were no roads
      to begin with, but when many people pass one way a road is made."

      Lu Hsun