Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Buckeye Institute Study: No Urban Sprawl "Crisis" in Ohio

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
      Yes - but it was from your great political culture that there came that
      wonderful comment on democracy about being able to fool some of the people
      all of the time etc. etc
      I appreciate your feelings of contempt but do these people deserve being
      bothered with ... they are infuriating in their self-interested way, but
      they are rogues and there should be an end to it. The point I was making was
      one made to me by a wise parent based on an old Yorkshire saying "igner
      them". The real work is forging the arguments, doing the analysis that will
      persuade those already aware that things have to be different, that there
      are exciting and workable alternatives to the current mess and the treadmill
      life style it has turned into a depressing version of liberty.

      We don't get majorities on our side by being distracted by these wasters.
      Now look at me - you've got me using bad language too! But you must know
      what I mean.

      Regards

      Simon