Re: Geometrical Fundamentalism

  • bjornobel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., "Simon Baddeley" <s.j.baddeley@b...>
      wrote:
      > Hasn't a reproachful rebuttal article already been posted under the
      ironic
      > title "The Building Made Me Do It?"

      Very good, Simon. I hope the rebuttal will be as artful as its
      prospective title. Perhaps we can commission Pei to write it. If
      he's not available, almost any other Pritzker winner would do.

      Please do read the article. It's quite remarkable and I know in
      advance that I'll enjoy your comments, whatever they may be.

      Happy New Year!

      -Doug
    • enjax
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
        There's an article on Slate today that provides a similar theory,
        though it ties Yamasaki's Islamic influences with the design of the
        WTC towers as being a possible motive.

        The Mosque to Commerce
        Bin Laden's special complaint with the World Trade Center.

        http://slate.msn.com/?id=2060207