Re: [carfree_cities] Walking and public space

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      No, but thanks. I'll have a look. I have got "Constructing the Countryside"
      1993 UCL Press 1-85728-040-7 p/b
      ... but we know all about this already .. at one level. I like the idea that
      if you think about inventing the city, the corollary has to be fantasies,
      inventions, artifices and inventions in connection with the idea of
      countryside. There differences between British and American views of
      rurality are well documented and then there are all sorts of sub-divisions
      of subjectivity related to ethnicity and cultural roots.