Re: [carfree_cities] Frigid Carfree Cities

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      =v= When I was a kid growing up in Pittsburgh, I found an old
      _Boy's_Life_ that showed how to winterize your bike by putting
      a ski under the front tire. I spent many winters biking around
      and looking for a discarded ski, but there were none to be had.
      Meanwhile, I'd become an icebiker and didn't even realize it:

      http://www.enteract.com/~icebike/

      =v=More recently, my pals in Chicago came to San Francisco for
      BikeSummer in 1999, and soon came up with BikeWinter:

      http://www.bikewinter.org/

      =v= As for Buffalo, I can only offer the following: (1) someone
      getting around Buffalo on a sensible working vehicle:

      http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20011227/us/1009478585buffalo_snow_bf104.html

      and (2) someone failing to get around Buffalo in a stupid,
      climate-changing, terrorist-school-supporting SUV:

      http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20011228/us/1009567516buffalo_snow_bf103.html

      <_Jym_>