Chicago Critical Mass Art Show Call for Entries

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2001
      http://www.chicagocriticalmass.org/callforentries.html

      CRITICAL MASS ART SHOW
      Week of February 9, 2002

      Time to start planning for the Critical Mass Art show!

      This show coincides with and provides an alternative to the Car
      Show at McCormick place. It is a celebration of bike culture
      and/or a protest against car culture, and a chance to share all that
      bike art!

      What we need:

      Art! If you would like to show some art, please call or email Sarah
      Kaplan right away [see below]. Pieces should be somehow related to
      bikes, biking, or a world with fewer cars. Any medium may be used,
      and all submissions are welcome. If you are considering submitting
      something, please let me know.

      Performers: poets, musicians, puppeteers, etc. for performances
      during the opening party and other times the exhibit is open.

      Volunteers: We need help doing publicity and getting food/drink
      for the opening party and any other parties or events that take
      place during the art show week.

      If you'd like to help, call or email me.

      Sarah Kaplan
      (773) 486-7600 ex187 daytime
      (773) 486-4861 evening/weekend
      skaplan@...

      Photos from last year's show:
      http://www.chicagocriticalmass.org/cmart01.html

      Chicago Journal write-up of last year's show:
      http://www.chicagocriticalmass.org/media/chicagojournalcmartshow.html