Re: Freiburg Vauban

  • Jan Scheurer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
      Thanks for the pointer to the article on Freiburg's sustainable district.
      You can find out more about the project, which is one of the most ambitious
      residential developments worldwide with mobility management, on the website
      of the nonprofit local planning agency:
      http://www.forum-vauban.de
      They usually have some English pages running too.
      Also, for backgrounds on a range of carfree housing projects in various
      European countries, check out our own website at:
      http://wwwistp.murdoch.edu.au/research/carfree.html
      Best wishes from down under

      Jan Scheurer
      Insititute for Sustainability and Technology Policy (ISTP)
      Murdoch University
      Perth 6150, Australia
      j.scheure@...
    • Ronald Dawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
        Hello Jan Scheurer, I was wondering, because your in Australia, if you have
        ever heard of a book called "Winning Back The Cities" by Peter Newman and
        Jeff Kenworthy with Les Robinson? It was published by the Australian
        Consumers Association/Pluto Press Australia in 1992.
        It deals with traffic calming, light rail and urban villages.

        Till later from Canada, Dawson