Re: [carfree_cities] Bombing Afghanistan is Not the Way to Defeat al-Qaida

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1 4:41 AM
      Sorry All,

      I sent this to the wrong list. :-(

      Regards,

      >Interesting read, some excerpts below:
      >

      >Published on Wednesday, October 31, 2001
      >in the Guardian of London
      >
      >"Wrong Tool for the Job:
      >Bombing Afghanistan is Not the Way to Defeat al-Qaida -
      >Instead, We Must Use All the Creativity We Can Muster"

      etc.

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      postmaster@... Carfree.com
    • Boileau,Pierre [NCR]
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1 5:41 AM
        Interestingly,

        Our Environment Minister has suggested that individuals should fight
        terrorism by getting out of their cars and using public transit. This would
        reduce dependence on foreign oil and possibly reduce revenue streams to
        terrorist networks.

        Pierre.

        Published on Wednesday, October 31, 2001
        in the Guardian of London

      • John O. Andersen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1 6:39 AM
          Glad you sent it to us though. It's good to know others are starting to
          speak out against this. Patriotism doesn't mean shutting down our brains,
          even though many in America seem to be acting like it does.

          John Andersen
          Unconventional Ideas at http://www.unconventionalideas.com

          > >Published on Wednesday, October 31, 2001
          > >in the Guardian of London
          > >
          > >"Wrong Tool for the Job:
          > >Bombing Afghanistan is Not the Way to Defeat al-Qaida -
          > >Instead, We Must Use All the Creativity We Can Muster"
          >
          > etc.
          >
          > -- ### --
          >
          > J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
          > postmaster@... Carfree.com

        • Mike Lacey
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1 1:04 PM
            Very interesting, do you have a media reference to his speech? I've
            noticed an alarming correlation between size of vehicle and
            likelihood to sport American flag. Sounds like your environment
            minister's piece is a good weapon in exposing this hypocrisy.

            Mike

            --- In carfree_cities@y..., "Boileau,Pierre [NCR]"