Re: A wonderfully disgusting article for you to enjoy

  • Matt Lyons
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2001
      The author of that piece is also the editor of Car and Driver, so I'd
      say there's more than a little conflict of interest there. Nevermind
      the fact that our excessive dependence on fossil fuels was one of the
      contributing factors that led to this terrible tragedy in the first
      place. To people like him, automobiles equate with freedom and their
      costs to society, the environment, and indeed human life itself just
      don't factor into the equation.

      --- In carfree_cities@y..., "Duane Cuthbertson" <dcuthber@h...> wrote:

      > I can think of many rebuttal points but I know that if I write him
      I would
      > be overcome with emotional curse words and become incoherent (of
      course I
      > working on that). I love the way this article was published in
      Detroit: car