A wonderfully disgusting article for you to enjoy

  • Duane Cuthbertson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2001
      I can think of many rebuttal points but I know that if I write him I would
      be overcome with emotional curse words and become incoherent (of course I
      working on that). I love the way this article was published in Detroit: car
      capital, and one of the most destroyed cities due to car culture.

      http://www.freep.com/voices/columnists/eyates8_20011008.htm

      Duane Cuthbertson
    • Matt Lyons
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2001
        The author of that piece is also the editor of Car and Driver, so I'd
        say there's more than a little conflict of interest there. Nevermind
        the fact that our excessive dependence on fossil fuels was one of the
        contributing factors that led to this terrible tragedy in the first
        place. To people like him, automobiles equate with freedom and their
        costs to society, the environment, and indeed human life itself just
        don't factor into the equation.