Re: [carfree_cities] Carfree at Bath University UK

  • John O. Andersen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      This sounds like a great idea. I've long since felt that cars at university
      must be a major distraction from studies.

      Thing is, here in the States, the average university student is far less
      academically capable than students in England. Over there, they send a
      significantly lower percentage of people to college.

      Here, what we call "university" is really, in many cases, just a glorified
      tech school. So I'm not surprised at how much emphasis is placed on things
      other than scholarship (cars, stereos, shopping, etc.). The vast majority
      of our college students aren't scholars, and never will be.

      John Andersen
      Unconventional Ideas at http://www.unconventionalideas.com