Re: [carfree_cities] Transportation's larger context (was Re: The NU University)

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2001
      Guy

      We've been over Gorz's superb article regularly - but I think it always
      merits a revisit. The problem with it is that it uses collectivist language
      that distorts the message (unless you are uncompromisingly happy with
      pre-Berlin wall-fall theory and language) of the tension between public and
      private and the presence of deeper agendas. I suspect that Gorz's work needs
      to be rehashed and represented in a way that allows more room for leakage in
      his rather totalising version of cause and effect. I have regularly plugged
      this article though. How about having a go at reducing it to 300 words for
      2001?

      Sorry if that sounds insulting.

      Best wishes

      Simon