Re: [carfree_cities] informative magazines

  • duane cuthbertson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
      Lennie,
      You may want to give "Rail" magazine a try. It's a product of the
      railvolution.com that has been taking place. Obviously it is all about the
      railroad, more specifically people-moving rail and the city around it. It's
      only on its second issue, published quarterly. If you have a tough time
      locating information about it please message me, I have the latest copy on
      my desk at work and would be glad to give you the info.
      Good Luck and I hope you and your husband find prosperous times!

      Duane Cuthbertson

      >From: "Lennie Dusek" <lennie2802@...>
      >To: <carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [carfree_cities] informative magazines
      >Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:11:11 -0500
      >
      >My husband is planning to open a record store that is broad in scope and
      >merchandise. He plans to carry magazines you can't easily find, music mags
      >as well as other subjects. He has CarBusters on the list - Adbusters, too.
      >An article Matt Lyons just sent to the carfree list came from Blueprint
      >Magazine, which looks like a good one. If anyone has suggestions for good,
      >informative magazines his store could carry I would appreciate the tip, as
      >he's put me in charge of researching elusive magazines...
      >
      >thanks,
      >Lennie Dusek

    • duane cuthbertson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2001
        Rail Magazine "Connecting Communities by Moving People"
        is published quarterly by the Community Transportation Association of
        America at:

        1341 G Street, NW, 10th Floor, Washington DC 20005.

        Subscriptions to Rail Magazine are $40/yr for US residents - add $10 for
        foreign subscribers. The publisher is Dale J. Marsico, CCTM and the editor
        is Scott Bogren. Scott's e-mail address is: bogren@...

        Lennie, you may want to reach Circulation, her name is Melina Scotto at
        scotto@...

        Hope this helps everyone. ctaa.org is the website.

        Take Care.

        Duane Cuthbertson

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2001
          Try these guys; they have a paper publication as well:

          http://www.tidepool.com/alliance/

          Richard

          Lennie Dusek wrote:

          > My husband is planning to open a record store that is broad in scope and
          > merchandise. He plans to carry magazines you can't easily find, music mags
          > as well as other subjects. He has CarBusters on the list - Adbusters, too.
          > An article Matt Lyons just sent to the carfree list came from Blueprint
          > Magazine, which looks like a good one. If anyone has suggestions for good,
          > informative magazines his store could carry I would appreciate the tip, as
          > he's put me in charge of researching elusive magazines...

          http://www.living-room.org
          http://www.newcolonist.com

          "Life is complicated and not for the timid."
          Garrison Keillor
        • Oscar Edmundo Diaz
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2001
            More paper publications:

            Sustainable Transport, ITDP www.itdp.org
            Transportation Alternatives www.transalt.org
            EnCompass, Pembina Institute www.encompass.org

            Oscar Edmundo Diaz
            diazoe@...

            Lennie Dusek wrote:

            > My husband is planning to open a record store that is broad in scope and
            > merchandise. He plans to carry magazines you can't easily find, music
            mags
            > as well as other subjects. He has CarBusters on the list - Adbusters,
            too.
            > An article Matt Lyons just sent to the carfree list came from Blueprint
            > Magazine, which looks like a good one. If anyone has suggestions for
            good,
            > informative magazines his store could carry I would appreciate the tip, as
            > he's put me in charge of researching elusive magazines...

            http://www.living-room.org
            http://www.newcolonist.com

            "Life is complicated and not for the timid."
            Garrison Keillor

          • John O. Andersen
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2001
              Oscar,

              Thanks for these links; especially the Transportation Alternatives one.
              It's an excellent resource!

              John Andersen
              Unconventional Ideas at http://www.unconventionalideas.com