August Issue of The New Colonist

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 10:12 PM
      Hello All--

      The August issue of The New Colonist, featuring *Small Towns* as its
      theme, is now online and available at http://www.newcolonist.com Read
      articles on Altoona, Nevada City, Alamogordo, and other burgs, discover
      small towns hidden in big cities, and enjoy plenty of great photography,
      as well as the usual editorials and reviews, in the latest issue of The
      New Colonist today!

      Thank you,

      Richard Risemberg
      Production Editor
      http://newcolonist.com
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "Life is complicated and not for the timid."
      Garrison Keillor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31 6:03 PM
        The August issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
        http://www.newcolonist.com!

        This month's features:

        * Helter Shelter
        Rachelle L'Ecuyer explores new paradigms for helping the homeless
        in St. Louis....
        * Love and Money
        Richard Risemberg ponders questions of love and money, and
        responsibility....
        * Development in Transit
        Eric Miller uncovers some urban successes in Pittsburgh, and sees
        ways they could do it even better....
        * Concierge
        Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
        weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, events listings,
        classifieds, and a currency exchange calculator, with more on the way!
        * Vox Civitatis
        Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
        assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
        state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

        And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
        in our more than 500-article Archive!
        http://www.living-room.org
        http://www.newcolonist.com

        "Both our political and religious traditions instruct us that the truth
        makes us free. Our kind of government can govern effectively only by
        telling the truth, just as effective citizenship depends on knowing the
        truth. Official secrecy and official lies, even in a 'good cause,' can
        carry us toward tyranny. Our government is meant to conduct the public's
        business in public."

        Wendell Berry