RE: [carfree_cities] Road closure & construction

  • Louis-Luc
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2001
      Some people seem to dislike regular concrete beige sidewalks. This afternoon
      I was cycling in the street, and I came across an old man walking on the
      asphalt (not using the sidewalk). I smiled at him, gave him lots of room and
      passed towards the center of the road, so motorists had to wait behind and
      watch both of us :-)

      I think it depends on each person's health. Walking involves a shock on the
      foot and a transfer of energy towards the knee. Some people might feel
      asphalt more comfortable because it's smoother.

      Louis-Luc